Sunday, August 9, 2020

Roosevelt Goes to Monture Creek

This week we took Roosevelt to Monture Creek, off Highway 200 near Ovando. Another tiny campground, with just five sites, although this week we didn't have the place to ourselves. We lazed around and read, hiked, fished, picked huckleberries, and made friends with the horses some other campers had in the nearby corrals. On one hike, we saw the most giant pile of bear poop I've ever seen. I didn't stick around to take a picture.  Just loosened my bear spray from my belt and picked up the pace.

So far, I'm still in love with Roosevelt.

Roosevelt tucked back in the woods.

One day we hiked to Yellowjacket Falls.
It was hot and there was very little shade.


We both doused ourselves before heading back.

Caught lots more little trout in the stream.
Did not catch one of these.
My view while Marc lazed around the campsite.
I caught one nice-sized fish.
It was big and slippery and I failed 
three times at a selfie with it before letting it go.




These guys loved head scratches.
Marc loved them back.


Holy grail.

No comments:

Post a Comment