Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Farley Goes to Moab and the Mighty Palouse, Day 6: Girls' Hike and a Check-up for Farley

I caught an awful cold and laryngitis on the way to Lake Powell with my friend Yvonne a few weeks ago.  I was over it before this trip but apparently gave it to Marc.  Who gave it to Other Mark while they shared the Casita before Jo and I arrived.  Then he also gave it back to me.  Somehow, Jo's been immune to it so far.  But three of the four of us at this campsite sound like hell, stuffed up and coughing. Lucky for Wayne and Cindy, they're staying at a cabin in town, far away from the germs.

Today Marc and Wayne rode Porcupine Rim.  I opted out.  Partly because I was so exhausted yesterday, partly because I was scared. They finished with just one crash between them--Marc's.  One of his knees is a little banged up.

I had called the most highly-rated auto repair place in town yesterday to see if they could take a look at the clunk coming from under Farley on bumps.  They said they could get him in at noon today.  So Jo and I dropped him off while Other Mark shuttled Marc and Wayne to their ride.  Then we hooked up with Cindy for a girls' hike to Hidden Valley.  With directions from Marc and Other Mark, who did the hike last week, we still didn't find the petroglyphs.  Turns out we didn't go far enough.  But it was a good climb to a gorgeous meadow, one not like anything else I've seen in Moab.

Hidden Valley. 

And it turns out all Farley needed was to have his lower shock bolts tightened. Best $50 spent.  It was a little expensive for such a simple fix, but the peace of mind that the wheel isn't going to fall off is worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment