Thursday, July 10, 2014

Finally, Farley Down by the River

I am addicted to the Tour Divide.  This mountain bike race goes from Banff, Alberta, to the Mexican border along the Great Divide Mountain Bike Route (GDMRB).  It's fully self-supported (i.e. no crews a la the Tour de France) and the route goes literally past my condo. If I opened the blinds next to where I'm currently sitting, I could watch riders go by.

Tour Divide riders just outside of Helena.
This year, however, my timing was bad, I guess, and sightings were few and far between.  So we figured we'd find them elsewhere.  On June 21, after the Helena Pop-Tops event, we loaded Farley up and drove about a half-hour south.  Marc's ridden the Helena to Butte section of the GDMBR before and knew a beautiful area where we could camp, hang out, and watch riders go by.

We hiked up the road, where my nerd
had to investigate a roadside mineshaft.

It's Farley, DOWN BY THE RIVER!







No comments:

Post a Comment