Saturday, April 9, 2016

Farley Heads for the Desert, Day 7: Rest Day for Everyone

Last night and tonight, everyone gets a respite:  Farley is resting in my Aunt Karen and Uncle Dick's driveway in Sun City, plugged in to save propane, and we're sleeping in a real bed in their guest room.

Farley getting a well-deserved break.
Today we went to a Polish festival at a local church for lunch.  It was hot and absolutely packed with people.  The lines were huge and I was on the verge of getting hangry.  Dick and Karen talked to a woman who said she'd attended last year and there were no lines.  But this year they advertised the event on TV plus it's supposed to be rainy tomorrow so she figured everyone came out today because tomorrow would be a washout.  It was madness.

Good Polish food,
but questionable if it was worth the wait.

Then we hit a classic car show.  I love classic cars almost as much as tacos.  It was huge.  Got to actually sit in a Ford Model A Huckster delivery truck.  So cool, all set up with fake fruits and veggies in the back.  I'd stuck my head in the window and the owner insisted I get in.  He told me it was "not a show car, it's a car to take to shows."  He walked me through the many, many steps it takes to get it started and drive it.  Super cool.  I voted it best in show, largely because the guy was so nice and not a freak about people getting close to his vehicle.

The literal Cadillac of ambulances.
All the time standing around in the sun must've worn us old people out because we came home after dinner and just hung out and relaxed.  I am getting a good start on my summer farmer tan already, though.

2 comments:

  1. What year was the ambulance? Is it as old as you are?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure. We're both American classics. Let's leave it at that!

    ReplyDelete